Prepare for the Workforce!
Exchange your hoodie for a blazer
You’re finally ready to embark on a career, and Extra Credit Union is here to help you prepare for success. With a bit of experience behind us, we can guide you in creating a fruitful future.
It starts by ensuring that you have the very basics and more, such as:
- Reliable transportation: You need to get to work and back, period. So, we can help you acquire an auto loan, or refinance your car to bring down your payments. Use your paid-off car as collateral toward a loan to put toward large purchases, such as a road trip to Soho with friends.
- Clothing and tools for success: You need to dress professionally, period. You also need career tools, such as a laptop, iPad, printer, etc. Acquire a credit card, which helps build credit. For further help, get a personal loan.
- A checking account: You need immediate access to your cash, period. Don’t be afraid to open a checking account, as it will help you. Stay away from check-cashing services, which are a waste of your money. Use direct deposit to deposit your paychecks. This service allows your company to automatically place your paycheck into your savings or checking account each payday.
- Learn about finances and managing your money: It is vital to become financially wise, period. Learn how to develop a budget and to budget wisely, manage a checking account, and much more through:
- CheckRight: to learn how to manage a checking account.
- BudgetSmart: to learn how to budget your money and spend within your means.
- Accel: to help you with personal money management when you’re having money challenges. Certified Financial Counselors are available Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 12 a.m. (EST), Friday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Call 1-877-33ACCEL (332-2235) to speak with an Accel representative. Mention you are a member of Extra Credit Union.