Quick Switch Kit
Switching is a snap!
We can tell that you’re ready to switch over from your financial institution to Extra Credit Union. It’s super easy to make the switch, especially when you use our quick switch kit.
Just follow these easy steps:
1. Become a member by either completing our membership application, calling us at (586) 276-3000, or visiting any of our convenient Extra Credit Union branch locations.
2. Close your existing accounts. Use our account closure form to close any existing accounts with other financial institutions. Give the form to your existing financial institutions, then wait for all of your checks to clear before closing your old checking accounts.
3. Use the direct deposit form to redirect your payroll check into your new Extra Credit Union savings or checking account. If you receive pension or Social Security checks, be sure to notify the pension provider or government agency as well.
4. Use the automatic payment form to notify any companies that currently receive automatic payments from that your old checking account is closed and you’ve moved your account to Extra Credit Union.
5. Start using your new Extra Credit Union accounts!