Everyone should have a checking account, and Extra Credit Union provides one with great benefits and everything that you need in one place:
- FREE (a good start, huh?)
- Extremely accessible with more than 30,000 ATMs through a nationwide, CO-OP Network, plus shared branching, and Credit Union Family Service Centers
- Remote access services to access your checking accounts any time you want, anywhere you happen to be, through eBanking, eBanking App, and ATMs
- Very convenient through automatic payments online, automatic transfers, and direct deposit.
- Three overdraft options, including setting up Overdraft Transfers, flexLINE of Credit, and Courtesy Pay up to $500
- No additional charges:
- No debit card transaction fees
- No check cashing fees
- No per-check fees
- No withdrawal fees
- No minimum opening balance
Plus, get a free debit or ATM card!
Get instant access to your money with an ATM/Debit Application when you sign up for a checking account. Rather than lugging around your stack of $100 bills, use your debit or ATM card to draw money directly from your checking account.
Once you apply for an ATM/Debit Application, use it any of the more than 30,000 ATMs throughout Michigan and across the country, without ATM fees. Use your Debit card to withdraw cash, make deposits, and transfer money, plus make purchases at any store or restaurant displaying the MasterCard logo…anywhere in the world.
Simply download an ATM/Debit Application, visit an Extra Credit Union branch near you, or call us at (586) 276-3000. Visit our FAQ page for more information.
If your debit or ATM card has been lost or stolen, please click here.
Three ways to protect your checking account
Isn’t it embarrassing to get stuck without enough cash at the register? (Awkward!) At Extra Credit Union, you have three different ways to protect your checking account, to avoid embarrassment, overdraft fees, and hassles:
- Overdraft Transfer—If your checking account is overdrawn, funds from another Extra Credit Union account(s) can be automatically transferred to cover the cost (for a fee of $3 per transfer). Call or visit a branch to set-up up this service from the account of your choosing today.
- flexLINE of Credit—This revolving line of credit transfers funds to your checking account to cover a purchase when there are non-sufficient funds (NSF). Repayments are made from the account you designate. Apply for flexLINE of Credit to get started.
- Courtesy Pay—This overdraft program covers you for overdrafts up to $500 when making purchases, which helps members with checking accounts in good standing avoid a NSF, bounced check, or late fees. Courtesy pay is automatically added to your account after 30 days, with no application necessary. The program does not automatically apply to ATM withdrawals or purchases at retailers. For Point-of-Sale Pay, you must opt in. If you’re already enrolled in this service and wish to discontinue, you must opt out. The quickest way to enroll or discontinue this service is by logging in to eBanking. Next, select the Opt In/Opt Out Point-of-Sale Pay option under the “services” tab. Or, feel free to call us at (586) 276-3000 for assistance.
* The courtesy pay program is just that, a courtesy, and is not an extension of credit. It does not constitute a written agreement of obligation or a pre-arranged agreement for Extra Credit Union to pay a member’s overdrafts, and we may withdraw the service at any time. Point-of-Sale Pay is not automatically available for ATM withdrawals or PIN-generated debit transactions; you must opt in. Please review the courtesy pay policy or call Extra Credit Union at (586) 276-3000 for complete details.