Join – Become a Member
Join the cool crowd
Join a nonprofit banking institution that’s all about its members — which is just plain cool. Extra Credit Union believes in the credit union tradition of people helping people, and we do everything to help our members.
Become a member to become a part owner, where we work for you and deliver the personal attention and financial services you deserve. Benefit from membership perks — opportunities to connect with life, get a loan, receive competitive rates, lower service fees, higher returns on savings, and truly personal service.
And, switching to us is a breeze with our quick switch kit.
Extra Credit Union believes in the power of education to benefit individuals and the community. So, we support local schools through our certified K-12 financial curriculum and youth loans.
Membership is just a few steps away:
- First, check the membership eligibility guidelines below to make sure you qualify
- Then, complete the membership application
- Bring the application to an Extra Credit Union branch along with:
- A one-time, $5 deposit required to purchase a share of membership in the credit union that must be retained in the Primary Savings account at all times
- A valid driver’s license or equivalent picture ID for you and all joint owners
- Verification of Social Security number for you and for all joint owners
- Proof of residency within membership eligibility qualifications
Remember, switching financial institutions is easy with our quick switch kit.
You can become an Extra Credit Union member when you meet any one of the following eligibility qualifications:
We honor our roots in the educational sector in Macomb County, that’s why we’re known as “Extra Credit Union”. It has been a pleasure helping those in our community since 1954 so we’ve expanded our membership eligibility to give access to even more people to include:
Those who reside, work, worship or attend schools within the Michigan counties of Macomb, Oakland, Wayne, and St. Clair.
Family and household members—Families of any current Extra Credit Union members, non-relatives living in a current member’s household, as well as family members of anyone in the groups mentioned above also are eligible for membership.
Note: Must show proof of residency meeting the above guidelines at membership opening.
For questions or more information about a specific product or service, please call (586) 276-3000 or (877) 638-7628. Or email us at info@ExtraCreditUnion.org.
To download the membership application you need Adobe® Reader® software. You can download it here for free.