Join Extra Credit Union
Be part of the cool crowd
Join a not-for-profit banking institution that’s all about its members—now that’s just plain cool. Extra Credit Union believes in the credit union tradition of people helping people, and we do everything we can to help our members.
Become a member to become a part owner—that’s right, we work for you and deliver the personal attention and financial services you deserve. Benefit from awesome membership perks, including opportunities to help you develop and get on track to fulfill your life plans and get a loan; in addition to receiving competitive rates, lower service fees, higher returns on savings, and truly personal service.
Wanna join the family? Great! New membership is just a few steps away:
- First, check the membership eligibility guidelines below to make sure you qualify.
- Complete a membership application online or at Extra Credit Union's Main Office.
- When you join, we will need:
- A one-time, $5 deposit required to purchase a share of membership in the credit union that must be retained in the Primary Savings account at all times;
- A valid driver’s license or equivalent picture ID for you and all joint owners;
- Verification of Social Security number for you and for all joint owners.
Transferring from another banking or credit union? Switching is easy with our quick switch kit.
You can become an Extra Credit Union member when you meet any one of the following eligibility qualifications:
We honor our roots in the educational sector in Macomb County, that’s why we’re known as “Extra Credit Union”. It has been a pleasure helping those in our community since 1954, so we’ve expanded our membership eligibility to give access to even more people to include:
- Those who reside, work, worship or attend schools within the state of Michigan.
For questions or more information, please call (586) 276-3000 or (877) 638-7628. Or email us at info@ExtraCreditUnion.org. Please note: As a security precaution, please do not include personal identifiable information such as account numbers or your Social Security number in your email. Contact information such as name, address, phone number, and your preferred method of contact are permissible.
Go to main navigation