Get Through Tough Times
Tough times build character, right?
Tough times can do a number on us. We can lose focus, drive, and hope. Don’t stress—Extra Credit Union is here to help you through life’s challenges and guide you toward emerging in a stronger place.
Money Management Services
If you struggle financially, we will introduce you to our partner, GreenPath, to help you develop a plan to manage your money and move toward a stronger financial foundation. Many of the nonprofit organization’s services are offered at no cost to you because you’re a member. Confidentially, they will help you:
- Get on a debt management plan: You no longer need to be overwhelmed by bills; create a plan that brings you clear direction, out of your difficulties and toward peace of mind.
- Develop a personal/family budget: It’s easy to let our spending control us. Learn to develop a budget and change your habits.
- Acquire housing counseling: There’s so much to know when buying a house, or when selling your home, so we’re here to help you through the process.
- Avoid bankruptcy, foreclosure, and repossession: There’s no shame in experiencing hard times. We can help you avoid them or get through them.
Certified Financial Counselors are available 8 a.m.-12 a.m. Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-7 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday. Call 1-877-337-3399 to speak with a GreenPath representative. Mention you are a member of Extra Credit Union.
If you are not sure of what the bumpy road has done to your credit, we can help right here at Extra Credit Union:
- Understand your credit report: We’ll examine your credit score with you to ensure reporting is accurate, and offer tips to save money and improve your credit score. Appointments are made in advance for this service. Call (586) 276-3000 to schedule your credit report review.
- Can’t seem to manage all those bills? We may be able to pay off some of your higher interest debt, store charge cards, medical bills and more. Lessen your burden by applying for a debt consolidation loan with our Debt Crusher Program.