Do you feel like you're drowning in debt? Trust your instincts.
The national average credit card debt per household is $5,700. About 41.2% of households carry a balance on credit cards from month to month. Our reliance on plastic and other forms of credit makes life difficult for families struggling to make ends meet.
Even if you're still in shallow water, a personal debt assessment may be just the financial life preserver you need to keep your debt from spiraling out of control.
How do you know if you need a debt assessment? Ask yourself whether you're experiencing these warning signs:
- Do you frequently pay bills late?
- Do you pay only the minimum due on your credit cards?
- Do you use credit for necessities like groceries?
- Have you ever used one credit card to pay off another?
- Do you find yourself paying off holiday debt for several months or years?
- Have you been contacted by creditors?
- Do you use high-cost loans such as payday loans as "quick money" for desperate circumstances?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, you may benefit from a personal debt assessment from Extra Credit Union. We can help you plan a strategy for getting out—and staying out—of debt, develop a sensible spending plan, and communicate effectively with creditors. And, if you don't know which debts to pay off first, we can help you figure that out, too.
Call us today at 586.276.3000. A personal debt assessment may be just the financial life preserver you need to keep your debt from spiraling out of control.
« Return to "Extra Credit Union Blog"