This page uses JavaScript. Your browser either does not support JavaScript or you have it turned off. To see this page properly please use a JavaScript enabled browser.
Extra Credit Union Site Go to main content

eBanking Login

General Account Information

What is the routing number at the credit union?
The routing number (ABA) at Extra Credit Union is 272477432.

If I deposit money in the ATM, when is it available to me?
ATM deposits are held for a minimum 2-business-day hold. This includes check and cash deposits.

How do I change my address on my account?
To update your address on your Extra Credit Union account, complete the account change card. This form can be obtained at any of our locations.

What are the account fees associated with my checking account and minimum balance requirement?
There is no minimum balance requirement. View our Fee and Service Charge Schedule for associated account fees.

Who is eligible to join Extra Credit Union?
As long as you meet any one of the following eligibility qualifications, you can join the Extra Credit Union family!

We honor our roots in the educational sector in Macomb County, that’s why we’re known as “Extra Credit Union.” It has been a pleasure helping those in our community since 1954 so we’ve expanded our membership eligibility to give access to even more people to include:

  • Those who reside, work, worship or attend schools within the state of Michigan.

How do I change my name on my account?
To make a legal name change, we must receive a completed account change card and be provided with a valid driver’s license or marriage license.

What is the difference between a credit union and a bank?
Credit unions are not-for-profit financial institutions that conduct business for the mutual benefit and general welfare of their member-owners. Banks are for-profit financial institutions who conduct business to maximize the price of its stock and profit for stockholders.

How do I wire funds from another financial institution to my Extra Credit Union account?
To wire funds to Extra Credit Union from another financial institution, you will need to provide the other financial institution with the following information:

  • Extra Credit Union, 6611 Chicago Rd., Warren, MI 48092
  • Routing Number: 272477432
  • The account number you would like the funds transferred to

How do I add a joint party to an existing account?
To add a person as a joint party on your account, please send a completed application by mail to:

Extra Credit Union, ATTN: Member Services, 6611 Chicago Road, Warren, MI 48092

Be sure to include your current account number, all completed joint party information (including a copy of the joint parties ID and Social Security card), and signatures from all current account owners as well as the new joint party’s signature.

Are there available ATMs that do not have a surcharge?
Yes. Extra Credit Union’s ATMs are part of the CO-OP Network. There are more than 30,000 FREE ATMs available to you throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico on the CO-OP Network.

Can I open a checking account without having a savings account?
No. Every member must open a savings account before adding any other type of account. The deposit of $5 represents a member’s share in the credit union and is nonrefundable.

How can I check my balances?
Access your account information:

  • Online using eBanking
  • Personal Anytime Teller (PAT), available at (586) 276-3000, option 2
  • Contact a call center representative by phone at (586) 276-3000 or toll-free (877) 638-7628. Hours are Monday – Tuesday from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Wednesday from 11 a.m. - 5 p.m., Thursday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., and Friday from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
  • Visit an Extra Credit Union Branch

Does Extra Credit Union have safe deposit boxes available?
Yes, we do. Safe deposit boxes are available at our main office and accessible during lobby hours.

Can I open a checking account even though I am not 18 years old?
Yes. Some restrictions apply.

Is there a fee to open an account with Extra Credit Union?
All members are required to open a savings account. There is a $5 deposit required to purchase a share of membership in the credit union that must be retained in the Primary Savings account at all times.

I have lost my checkbook. What should I do?
Lost or stolen checks should be reported as soon as possible at an Extra Credit Union branch or by telephone at (586) 276-3000 or (877) 638-7628.

My MasterCard® Debit Card has been lost/stolen. What should I do?
Call the JHA Hot Card Center: (888) 297-3416 (within the US) or (206) 389-5200 (outside the US).

My ATM Card has been lost/stolen. What should I do?
To report a lost or stolen ATM Card, please call the credit union during normal business hours at (586) 276-3000.

My Extra Credit Union Platinum or Platinum Rewards MasterCard® has been lost/stolen. What should I do?
Call the JHA Hot Card Center: (888) 297-3416 (within the US) or (206) 389-5200 (outside the US).

How do I activate my MasterCard® Debit Card?
Call (800) 290-7893 (within the US) or (206) 624-7998 (outside the US).

How do I activate my ATM Card?
No activation is needed.

How do I change my PIN number on my ATM Card or Debit Card?
Call (800) 290-7893 (within the US) or (206) 624-7998 (outside the US).

Why don’t the account balances on my records (checkbook register) match the balances on your computer?
Your records will show immediate deductions/additions to your account. eBanking will not reflect any transactions that have not yet cleared your account, such as checks written but not yet cleared or pending debit transactions. Your records might not include dividends earned or service fees deducted.

How do I close my account with Extra Credit Union?
You may request to close your account in person at any Extra Credit Union branch location or by written request. Please be sure to include your signature with your written request for verification.

Mail your request to:

Extra Credit Union, ATTN: Member Services, 6611 Chicago Road, Warren, MI 48092

Return to FAQs page

Go to main navigation